Sheepskin is great all year round. A sheep’s coat is designed to keep it warm in freezing cold temperatures and cool in hot summers, and it will do the same for a baby. Simply put, this works by trapping baby’s own body heat in a microclimate around it, insulating and thus retaining the body’s own temperature rather than overheating. This will ensure a baby remains near body temperature and feels more comfortable.
On a more cellular level, the secret lies in the porous structure of wool, the ability of wool to absorb and evaporate moisture, as well as the mesh of wool fibers that create millions of tiny air pockets that trap air within and between its fibers. This layer of trapped air is an excellent insulator- still air being one of the best insulators found in Nature. In addition to this the fibers absorb moisture in cold weather to ensure baby stays dry and warm. A little moisture on the skin will chill the skin; quickly reducing body temperature. Sheepskin fibers can absorb up to 34% of its weight in moisture vapor without feeling wet — ten times as much as any synthetic fiber.
* Made of Australian Sheepskin it is perfect all year round, keeping your baby warm in the harshest winters and cool in the hottest summers.
*It’s Nurturing: sheepskin is proven to calm and soothe babies.
* It is Thermostatic: The Snuggle Pod and provides a cozy womb-like cocoon and helps your baby maintain a stable body temperature by trapping your baby’s body heat in a microclimate around her rather than overheating.
* Dirt and Bacteria Resistant: sheepskin has self-cleaning powers, never holding odour, resisting dirt and is naturally antibacterial.
*Sheepskin is considered in the medical field to be Hypoallergenic
* Multipurpose: The Snuggle Pod unfolds into a portable play mat for play dates, and fits into all strollers, car seats and carry cots, and the top panel can be removed for the summer months and used as a stroller liner.
* It’s Natural and sheepskin is far superior for baby’s wellbeing than any synthetic materials. Unlike synthetics fibers, sheepskin breathes, has excellent insulating properties, is flame retardant and resistant to static electricity.
The Elks & Angels Snuggle Pod ($249) is available for purchase at ElksandAngels.com.