We all know that the holidays bring lots of wonderful goodies to the table. PumpOne has something to say about what we can do to avoid weight gain this holiday season.
Here are their top five tips for avoiding holiday weight gain:
1. Download iPumpOne application to your iPod/iPhone, and begin your journey to a healthier you with your own personal trainer. It’s convenient, and an iPod/iPhone is a small exercise item to pack away while traveling.
2. Sign up for a holiday race. Many cities usually host a Turkey Trot or Jingle Bell Run. Get the family involved and start an annual holiday tradition.
3. Admiring your neighbors’ Christmas lights is a fun holiday activity. Ditch the car at home, and walk or bike. Family included.
4. When serving meals, use smaller plates. Studies have shown that people eat more simply because more is on their plate. If smaller plate is used, the difference in hunger is minimal. This works with smaller bowls for soup, plates for dinner, appetizers and even deserts.
5. Holiday beverages such as alcohol and eggnog can add to your daily calorie intake. You can treat yourself to one glass and sip it slowly. Savor the taste and then go back to water.
“FitnessBuilder creates the atmosphere of having a personal trainer in your pocket,” says Craig Schlossberg, co-founder of PumpOne. “Its unique selection features allows users to choose exercises based on fitness goal, body part, and equipment available – taking the guesswork out of working out.” According to Craig, “FitnessBuilder’s drag and drop workout builder makes the custom workout creation process simple, intuitive and fun. Users will see familiar exercises as well as learn hundreds of new ones.”
For more information, please visit www.pumpone.com