Fashionable Media Review Policy: The featured product for this review was provided to me, at no cost, by the manufacturer or representing PR agency for the sole purpose of product testing. Opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced by monetary compensation.
As you learned this morning in our new giveaway, Dash Away is a product that cleans vehicle interiors. It will clean all types of surfaces: carpet, cloth, vinyl and smooth leather, because it’s incredibly effective on every surface; as well as 100% safe. So no matter what kind of dirt you have or how long it’s been there, Dash Away can make it all vanish in minutes.
Our family found that Dash Away is as effective as they claim it is. My husband used it to clean his 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse, which has been very neglected of late. He found that it took the scuff marks out and did not leave a filmy residue.
Our oldest daughter used it on the seats of our 15-passenger van and discovered that it does indeed take out stains in a matter of minutes/seconds really. However, she was unable to complete the dash and doors of the van because the smell of Dash Away. She’s one of our most chemically sensitive children, even though she is a teenager. She gets headaches when she is exposed to strong chemicals and with some ingredients she even breaks out and her hands did get red with Dash Away. So I do want to warn you that this product probably isn’t the right product for those with chemical sensitivities. We never know what will affect her or us negatively until we try it, but it is disappointing when we find a product we like but cannot continue to use.
Since my husband didn’t complain about the smell and he found that Dash Away works nicely, I know he will probably continue to use it. It is just the rest of us who will be staying away from it, unfortunately.
Here’s the warning that is posted with the product description on the website:
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AT ALL TIMES. Irritating to eyes. Prolonged or repeated contact with skin can be irritating. Harmful if swallowed. FIRST AID PROCEDURES: Eyes: Flush with water for 15 minutes. If irritation persists, call physician. Skin: Flush with water. Ingestion: Call physician immediately.